Busy.

August 03, 2009

Been back from KK for about 3 weeks now and got to say, got lots of things done. It is easier by making things harder.

Let me explain.

The last 6 months I have not achieved many things set out by myself to do. There may be a list circulating somewhere but it remained, until recently, not done.

By making things harder for myself, I made this possible. I admit now that I am a serial procrastinator. Whats some of the things I want to get done? Get fit, have more time to plan, to save money, and a handful of other random things. What stops me? Not enough time? Fine. What am I doing that takes most of my time? (think).....get rid of it? Impossible...but I guess temporarily might be doable to accomplish some goals. So I did. I left my laptop in Malaysia.

Suddenly in the last 3 weeks Ive been checking things of my list. Although not having a computer at home made it harder, I can still stare at it about 8 hrs a day at work. Now I manage more chores, make lunch for the whole week before the week begins, finished reading a book and about 10% into another one (I normally average 2 books a year, maybe 3). Made a sizable fixed deposit and bought my first car (100% my own savings) which is probably the biggest feat I will accomplish for a while. They say your car is your second biggest investment.

Oh, today I passed my driving theory test to convert my license. Got one question wrong about cyclists. Damn cyclist! Did not know they CAN ride abreast if LESS than 1.5m apart. Which is the width of a bike lane. Gah, I design bike lane pavement!

1 eyebrows' raised:

esther said...

oooH~ hey.. don't scold us k~ tsk tsk~ your fault for not knowing~ =P

Hit Counter